Monday, November 3, 2008

A Statement About NaNoWriMo

Just a quick note about beaucoup excitement in the month of November...
Aside from being the month containing my favorite holiday (hello, Thanksgiving!), November is also National Novel Writing Month.  This is an annual challenge, designed to encourage participants to write a 50,000 word novel over the course of the month.

So that's what I'm going to do.

I wrote about 7,100 words over the weekend (to finish exactly on time, we are told we need to write an average of about 1,660 words per day), but I was on a roll and, as was pointed out to me by the wise Lady Liberty, better to write more when you're in the zone than to worry about those days when you're not.

So encouragement welcome.  According to most participants, the second week is the hardest, so I'll probably be asking for some help next week.

That's all!